. RACE INFORMATION
Saturday, February, 17, 2018
Sam Houston Park, 1100 Bagby, Downtown Houston
Register at Packet Pickup and on Race Day! Only $35, cash or check, please.
Since 1986, the Houston Bar Association has raised over $1 Million for THE CENTER. Please join us in continuing to support this worthwhile cause by participating in the 8K Race, the Children's Run or the 1-Mile Family Walk.
- 1K Children's Run 7:30 a.m.
- 8K Wheelchair Division 7:50 a.m.
- 8K Run 8:00 a.m.*
- 1-Mile Family Walk 8:30 a.m.
RETURNING! Race registrants receive T-Shirts with entry.
*The 8K course is certified and the 8K race is sanctioned by USATF. The 8K Run is an official Spring Series Race of the Houston Area Road Runners Association (HARRA)
- $10 Cash only upon entry
- 1100 Smith Garage (located on the corner of Smith and Lamar)
- No in and out privileges
- No refunds
- Free food and drinks
- Free Post-race yoga/stretching sessions
- Free massages from Valeo PT massage therapists
- Free children's crafts: tie-dye bandanas, race medal making, and temporary tattoos
- Spin the wheel for prizes at the State Farm booth
- Purchase tins of delicious Gingersnap cookies from The Center's Gingersnaps, Etc. booth
- Snowcones from SnoBunny SnoBalls
- Check out home decor from The Center's Artisan Crafts booth
- Shop race clothing from JOLYN Texas Running & Dryland booth
- Visit the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Donor Coach for a free t-shirt with a donation
- Door prize drawings include an Autographed Alex Bregmann World Series Baseball and a Jeff Bagwell HOF baseball (each donated by Tristar) and an I W Marks Steel Quartz Chronograph Watch (donated by I W Marks), and many other wonderful prizes (Total door prize values over $2000)
- Distribution of 8K race awards made by the Center
C Weather Policy
The Fun Run will take place rain or shine, unless conditions are too severe to conduct the event. That call will not be made until late Friday, or early Saturday morning. We will post any pertinent updates to our website, if possible, and social media (Facebook, etc.). We will also email participants who supplied an email address at registration. If we cancel, there will not be a makeup date. Thank you for your support, and understanding.
Questions? Email the race directors: